Minecraft. Read The Review!
Roblox is more than a game, it’s a platform that combines a social network for players, an SDK and hosting for developers, and a billing system for all.
We Have Something in Common
The idea of Roblox is simple: create a great variety of games with as much in common as can be. So, as you register, you get your avatar and create a nickname to use in any Roblox game. As you upgrade, you earn Robux – the in-game currency that can buy you more items to customize your avatar.
The core app serves as a launcher, offering you countless thousands of games. Your user profile is not the only thing they share; they also feature unified controls. It’s no wheel reinvented: they offer a joystick in the left lower corner, an area for moving the camera in the right part of the screen, and buttons for jumping, crouching, shooting, interacting with items, and other specific actions. This makes both playing and developing new games easier.
Rude and Good
While the engine offers limited possibilities as for visuals, the developers sometimes make masterpieces out of it. None of them is an eye-candy, but the best of these games win when it comes to exciting gameplay.
Best Games on Roblox
- Weight Lifting Simulator is more than it says on the tin. It also features fights where weightlifters try their skills on each other.
- Pizza Factory Tycoon is a typical tycoon game, a business simulator made on Roblox platform. Upgrade your pizzeria to the biggest chain around, cut your rivals and spice them up!
- Work at a Pizza Place is another simulator of a pizzeria where you need to make and deliver pizza to its clients and use the money earned to develop the business.
- Escape Banana Guy is a hard arcade with simple but complicated missions, requiring perfect timing and some guessing on what to do.
- Royale High is a social life simulator, designed in glamorous pink and inviting you to the world of youthful, luxurious highlife.
- Bee Swarm Simulator offers you a chance to found your own hive and hatch bees, so they can produce honey out of pollen they collect.
These are but some of the high rated games that are really fun to play. You can find shooters and arcades, economic simulators and horror survivals, quests and detectives, races and flights. All of them look quite limited, but that inspires the creator in you. Roblox Studio is available on desktop platforms only, but the mobile app shows you how it feels to play a decent Roblox game.
With your account you can make friends and chat with them, recommend or not recommend certain games, rate them, comment, chat within particular games.
And, of course, there is an in-game currency. So-called Robux are used for in-game purchases of for customizing your avatar. Making yourself distinct is really useful, as lots of beginners are around in the same default skins, and confusing is easy.
ConclusionRoblox creators made the entire universe full of indie masterpieces. Of course, 99% of the game features on this platform are just helloworlds by beginners, but some are really amusing, and lifetime is not enough to try all of them. On the other hand, this indie paradise has a lot of real masterpieces.
Roblox is more than a game, it’s a platform that combines a social network for players, an SDK and hosting for developers, and a billing system for all. We Have Something in Common The idea of Roblox is simple: create a great variety of games with as much in common as can be. So, as you...Read more...
- Unlimited space for your creativity
- Meditative and immersive gameplay in Creative mode
- Dynamic and immersive gameplay in Survival mode
- A cult about anything, from visuals to music.
- If you prefer Survival, you can find more beautiful and elaborate games
- Slow-paced building with attention to details isn’t good for everyone
- Unofficial mods, skins and mini games not supported
- You’ll need more than one power bank to play long enough.